Dentist in the Scottish Borders
The Gentle Touch is a modern, friendly and professional dentist in the Scottish Borders. Our Kelso dental practice has a fantastic team of four highly trained dentists and a dental therapist supported by an experienced dental nurse and treatments team. Every dentist at The Gentle Touch is a firm believer in a preventative approach to your dental care.
As well as the essentials you’d expect from your dentist, we also offer more cosmetic and advanced treatments. These include teeth whitening, teeth straightening, bonded and ceramic veneers, crowns and bridges as well as smile makeovers.
To enable us to provide the best care possible in every appointment, we have undergone rigorous post-graduate training. This gives us the necessary knowledge, skills and cutting-edge techniques to provide the highest standard of care. We also offer daily emergency dentist appointments from our Kelso dental clinic.
If you are looking for a new dentist in the Scottish Borders, or you would like more information about the practice, please contact us. We are currently accepting new patients for general dentistry as well as cosmetic dentistry.
As a complimentary service and on a no-obligation basis, you can arrange an ‘introductory appointment’ with our treatment co-ordinator Caroline Borthwick. She will answer any queries you have in a non-clinical environment and talk you through how we can help you.
Dentist and dental treatments
- Dental health assessments – known to many as “check-ups”, this is the main reason our patients come to our clinic in Kelso. We recommend once to twice a year depending on individual circumstances.
- Preventive dental approach – our dental practice works on the belief that prevention is far better than cure when it comes to the long-term health of your teeth. Our treatments are guided by this philosophy.
- General dentistry – we provide all of the general dental treatments you’d expect to find in a modern, dental clinic. This includes white fillings (and metal fillings), crowns, inlays and onlays, treatments for tooth wear and dentures. We can fit for sports gum guards or gum shields. We can also advise on dental implants and have access to facilities in Kelso to provide treatment.
- Cosmetic dental treatments – including veneers, teeth whitening, advanced teeth whitening, teeth straightening (including Invisalign), resin infiltration and microbrasion. We also offer smile make-overs.
- Dental hygienist – part of our preventive approach to dental care is regular visits to the dental hygienist. Your membership plan will include these visits.
- Children’s dentist – we accept the children of our members as NHS patients. We are good at putting little ones at ease!
- Treatment co-ordinator – we offer potential patients a no-obligation chat “away from the surgery” about whether are membership packages are right for you.