The Practice History
The Corn Exchange was constructed in 1855. As well as a trading market for corn, it was a farm labourer hiring point before the opening of the labour exchange after the second world war. It was used as a dance hall, meeting room, badminton court, second-hand furniture store and sculpture workshop before lying unused.
Planning and renovations to convert it to one of the most modern dental practices in the Borders began in 2003 with the practice moving from Roxburgh Street to The Corn Exchange in August 2006. The layout has been visited and admired by many dentists including the Chief Dental Officer for Scotland. The basic concept has been used for a large practice in East Lothian. Amber Aplin continues to invest and develop the practice to keep it at the cutting edge.